Returns & Replacements
Privacy & Security
Track Your Order
When you are ready to complete your purchase, follow these steps to check out:
For registered users:
- If you are a returning customer and have an account at Alcon Lighting, please sign in using your email address and password.
For non-registered users:
- If you don’t have an account or if it’s your first time purchasing with us, you can create an account or check out as a guest. We encourage you to create an account so you can check out faster with saved billing and shipping information, review order history and track orders.
Enter shipping information. Enter the name, address and phone for where you would like your order shipped.
Select shipping method. Choose your preferred shipping option for the item(s) you have chosen.
Enter billing information. Enter your billing name, address and phone number as it appears on your credit card statement. Your payment will not be accepted without the appropriate billing address and telephone number. If you are a returning customer, your billing address will automatically appear on the Billing and Shipping page. Enter any gift cards or promotional codes on this page as well.
Place order. Here you’ll find a summary of the items you are ordering, as well as the shipping and billing addresses for the order. Verify the information is correct and click “Submit Order.”
Purchase summary. After your order is submitted, a confirmation page will provide you with an order number and the details related to your order. We recommending printing this page for your records.
Order and shipment confirmations. You will receive an order confirmation email which will include the order number that can be used to track your order in My Account. Once your items have been shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email detailing which items have shipped. If your order contains multiple items, they may ship and arrive on different days, depending on stock availability.
Valid Payment Methods
At AlconLighting.com we accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and PayPal.
If you are paying by credit card using the Alcon Lighting checkout, funds will be verified with an authorization at the time of purchase but your credit card will only be charged as each item ships. Large orders may require a deposit. If your order includes shipping costs then the shipping amount will be charged with the first shipment. If you are paying with PayPal, your payment will be taken at the time you place the order by whatever method you chose in your PayPal account. Please refer to your PayPal Terms and Conditions for more information.
For phone-in orders we also accept checks via mail and wire transfers.
We may accept some International Credit Cards for orders shipping to a US location. However, in certain cases, especially for large orders, a wire transfer may be required. All transactions are in US Dollars. Please contact Customer Service for assistance.
Members of our Trade Professionals program with approved credit terms may place orders by purchase order.
Changing or Canceling an Order
Once an order has been placed, it cannot be changed online, but you may contact Customer Service to make this request. We will make our best efforts to apply the requested change, however it may not be possible to stop or change an order that is already in process.
Note that many items that are non-returnable may not be cancelled. These products are identified on the product page and on your order confirmation. If there are any questions or concerns, Customer Service will work with you to clarify your options.
Cancellation requests may take several days to process and you will be sent an email upon confirmation. If an order ships prior to confirmation, you will be asked to submit a Return Authorization Request once you receive the item. A refund will be issued following the standard Return Process.
Change orders can typically follow the same procedure as a cancellation. The same stipulations outlined above apply.
Please contact Customer Service if you have any questions.
Pricing & Low-Price Guarantee
Alcon Lighting Low-Price Guarantee
In addition to our incredible specials and price promotions, Alcon Lighting is committed to offering you the lowest possible price on every product we sell, every day of the year. If you ever find the exact same product advertised for less anywhere, within 30 days of your Alcon Lighting purchase, please let us know and we will happily match that price. Keep in mind that shipping and handling fees will be taken into consideration. For example, if Alcon Lighting offers free shipping and the competitor charges for shipping, then the total price, including shipping, will be matched. We may require some form of verification of the offer and it must be made by an authorized dealer of the product, following manufacturer pricing guidelines and policies and it must be a stock item. The Low-Price Guarantee excludes clearance, closeout, returned items, Minka Aire, Minka Lavery, George Kovacs & Metropolitan Lighting products. Other restrictions may apply, but why not ask? For more information please contact Customer Service.
Pricing or Product Description Discrepancies
Alcon Lighting makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the pricing and product information on our website. From time to time, pricing or product information may be inaccurate. If this happens, we reserve the right to cancel your order. A complete refund will be made for any items that have not yet been shipped. In the event of inaccurate product information, our sole responsibility will be to accept the product return and provide a customer refund.
Alcon Lighting is not responsible for outdated or inaccurate pricing on other websites, affiliates or advertisers. We appreciate being notified when such
International (except Canada)
Alcon Lighting partners with Worldwide Express to provide the best service to International customers.
Alternatively, you may choose to use a freight forwarder or other service to transport your products to an international location. However, any claims for damaged/defective goods must be submitted to us within 48 hours of delivery at the US location and you must retain the product and packaging at that location for inspection. Requests for return for any other reason must be made within 30 days of our delivery to that location and the return shipping labels will only be issued for that US or Canada location. All shipments, returns and replacements will only be handled to and from a US or Canada location. Alcon Lighting is not responsible for replacing products once they have been shipped from the initial destination or if the stated timeframes have passed.
We may accept some International Credit Cards for orders shipping to a US location. However, in certain cases, especially for large orders, a wire transfer may be required. Please contact Customer Service for assistance.
When shopping for and ordering lighting for international destinations, please consider electrical compatibility.
Free US Shipping
Alcon Lighting offers free ground shipping on orders that ship within the 48 contiguous United States. Nice!
While we offer free shipping on most items on our website, some manufacturers require a shipping surcharge. In addition, free shipping may not apply to sale items, oversized or special order items. When applicable, these charges will be noted on the product page.
Hawaii, Alaska & Puerto Rico
Alcon Lighting offers discounted UPS or FedEx standard shipping for customers in Hawaii, Alaska & Puerto Rico. Shipping charges are computed at checkout and will display after you input the shipping address prior to completing your order.
Note that freight shipping is often required for heavy or oversized items, including large lighting fixtures and furniture. Freight shipping takes approximately 5-7 business days and may not be expedited. If you are purchasing items that ship by freight to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, then additional charges will apply. After you place your order we will send you a shipping quote via email within two business days. Once you have approved the quote, the freight item(s) on your order will be processed.
Please contact Customer Service if you have any questions about these charges.
When shipping non-freight items to Canada, Alcon Lighting only uses Expedited and Express Saver which includes the brokerage fees in the shipping charge. This total does not include the Goods and Services Tax (GST) or customs duties which will be due upon receipt of delivery.
Please keep in mind that freight shipping is often required for heavy or oversized items, including large lighting fixtures and furniture. Freight shipping takes approximately 5-7 business days and may not be expedited. If you are purchasing items that ship by freight to Canada, then additional charges will apply. After you place your order we will send you a shipping quote via email within two business days. Once you have approved the quote, the freight item(s) on your order will be processed.
NOTE: Canadian orders will require additional lead times for these vendors: Blomus, Fanimation, Kichler, Marset and Minka Group (Minka Aire, Minka-Lavery, Metropolitan and George Kovacs).
You will receive an email with the adjusted estimated ship date within 2 business days of submitting your order.
Expedited Shipping & Rush Orders
Expedited shipping is available for many items. When you select expedited shipping, an estimated shipping charge is computed at checkout. If we are unable to meet your expedited shipping request or the actual costs of expedited shipping vary from our estimate, we will contact you directly. Keep in mind that freight shipping is often required for heavy or oversized items, including large lighting fixtures and furniture. Freight shipping takes approximately 5-7 business days and may not be expedited. Also note that expedited shipping affects 'transit time', not production or processing lead times.
Many products are custom made or built to order and have associated lead times. In such cases, expedited shipping will be from the date the product is available to ship. Refer to the product page for standard lead times on each product. In some cases lead times can be reduced by including a Rush Fee. Contact Customer Service for assistance.
Estimated ship dates will be sent to you by email after your order has been processed - usually within 2 business days. Once your product is available, the selected shipping method will be used and tracking information will be emailed to you.
When calculating your arrival date, note that shipments and deliveries are on weekdays only.
Shipping Charges & White Glove
Shipping Surcharges Apply to Some Items
While we offer free shipping on most items on our website, it may not apply to heavy, over-sized or fragile items. In addition, some manufacturers require the addition of a shipping surcharge. When applicable, the supplemental shipping charge is shown on the product page and will be added to your order at checkout.
Freight shipping is often required for especially heavy, large or fragile lighting fixtures and furniture. The manufacturer will determine the best shipping method.
Freight shipping takes approximately 5-7 business days and may not be expedited. If you are purchasing items that ship by freight to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or Canada, then additional charges will apply. After you place your order we will send you a shipping quote via email on or before the day your order is scheduled to be shipped. Once you have approved the quote, the freight item(s) on your order will be processed.
With our standard Curbside Delivery, your items will be delivered right outside of your residence or business--for example, to your front sidewalk, driveway or porch. This option does not include delivery to indoor locations or above the first floor and it does not include unpacking or assembly. The cost for Freight Shipping, which includes standard curbside delivery, is displayed on the product page and is added to your order when you check out.
White Glove Delivery
Upgrade to White Glove Delivery and your purchases will be brought into your home or business by two handlers and delivered to the room of your choice, unpacked, and packaging will be removed. Assembly is not included. The cost of adding White Glove Delivery is displayed on the product page and you will have the option of adding this service to your order.
Contact Customer Service if you need assistance or have questions.
14-Day Hassle-Free Returns
AlconLighting.com™ customers, who are not completely satisfied with their purchase and would like to return a non assembled-to-order item, unused, in original packaging, may return the product within 14 days of receiving the original shipment.
- Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- Customers who place orders online are responsible for accuracy in product selection and entering information necessary to complete their order.
- Customers who place orders by phone must review their email receipt for accuracy within 24-hours of placing their order.
Please note that due to customs, shipping and duty fees, we are unable to accept returns on any international orders. All orders shipped internationally are final sale.
Forgot Your Password?
Custom-Assembled & Non-Refundable Items
AlconLighting.com™ carries many specification-grade, assembled-to-order products that are non-returnable or may be returned with a restocking fee. Customers have ONLY 24-HOURS to cancel such orders for a full refund. While some of these products are non-returnable, some may be returned with a restocking fee that is pre-determined by the manufacturer of the product. To determine the percentage of the restocking fee or whether the product in question may be returned, please check the product page for return details and re-stocking fees.
Step (2) Return Shipment
You have 10 days in which to return the product from the date that the RGA number is issued. After 10 days, the Return Authorization will expire and no replacements or refunds will be given.
If your return is not covered under our Free Return shipping, please be sure to choose a shipping service that is accompanied by a tracking number. Shipments lost during the return process that are not accompanied by a tracking number are non-refundable.
Step (3) The Refund
Once the return has been received and verified to have all original contents, packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, or modification, the refund will be issued. Please allow 3-7 business days for the credit to appear in your account.
Defective Items covered under Warranty
At AlconLighting.com™, we understand that on occasion, there may be a manufacturer product defect resulting in product failure. To determine whether the item in question is covered under a manufacturer warranty, please refer to the product specification sheet. Alcon Lighting facilitates the warranty process for the following manufactures: Cree LED Lighting, Philips Lighting, Synergy Lighting, RAB Lighting, Maxlite Lighting. Click Here to initiate the warranty process.
Items Damaged In Transit
At AlconLighting.com™, we also understand that a product may be damaged during the transit process. Rest assured that we will do everything we can to bring the issue to a satisfying and timely conclusion- at no expense to you.
For us to offer this level of service, however, we need a little help from you, the customer, in the form of a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery. For damaged packages arriving via UPS, FedEx, USPS, or DHL, please contact our customer service department within 24hrs of receiving the package at (877) 733-5236. Then allow Alcon Lighting 3-7 business days to file a claim on your behalf and work quickly to resolve the matter. For large damaged products arriving via pallet or private trucking, detailed inspection of the delivery is the responsibility of the customer.
Customers who sign for a delivery and do not notate "damage," assume responsibility if the merchandise is damaged. If the products appear significantly damaged, you must refuse delivery. Please also notify our customer service department of refusal so we can track and anticipate the return. This helps us expedite the replacement process.
Our carriers require us to file claim with “signed for damage” on Bill of lading at the time of delivery, if not, they will not process claim for us. Normally, the driver will give around 15 mins for inspection if the consignee requests.
If you have received an item that does not appear to be the item you have ordered, please contact our customer service department within 24hrs of receiving the order. Upon confirming that you have received an incorrect shipment, our customer service department will provide you with a return label that you may use to return the incorrect item back to our facility. Upon receipt of the return, we will ship out the correct product, usually within 1-3 days. If you would like to expedite the process, you may place a new replacement order and wait for us to receive the return for your subsequent credit.
Last updated: June, 2015
This Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose that information, and the steps we take to protect that information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
The information we collect on the Service:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called "personally identifiable" information, or "personal information," which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any of that information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with personal information when you register for an account, use the Service, place an order or make an inquiry by phone, post reviews or other materials, place an order on the Service, interact with us or other users of the Service through any messaging features, or send us customer service-related requests.
- "Cookies" Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies—small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters—to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- "Automatically Collected" Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Third Party Service Providers; Analytics. We may work with different companies and third party service providers who offer services that can assist us in better understanding how users of our Service interact with and use our Service or otherwise assist us in providing the Service ("Third Party Service Providers"). We may permit such Third Party Service Providers to use certain technologies, including without limitation web beacons and cookies, to collect certain personal information or non-personally identifiable information in connection with the provision of such services to us. For example, we currently use and may continue to use a product called Google Analytics by permitting Google Inc. to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information that helps us understand your usage of our Service. We may permit Google and other third party analytics providers to combine information collected through our Service with information collected from third party services, and these analytics providers may use this information to help us better understand our users, and these analytics providers may also use this information to help their other customers better understand their users. Additionally, we currently use and may continue to use a version of Google Analytics called Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, which enables Google to collect, use, and disclose information in connection with certain advertising activities. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads at https://www.google.com/
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How we use the information we collect. We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We may use the information we collect across the Service and may not segregate information by Site or other place of collection. For example, if we collect information from you through one of our Sites, we may use that information in connection with the operation of one of our other Sites. This enables us to better serve you across our Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service: (a) to contact you directly or through Third Party Service Providers for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to, or otherwise inquire about the status of, your reviews or other materials posted on or submitted through the Service; or (b) to send communications, including targeted marketing information, special product offers, catalogs, or other information that we believe might interest you relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with, such as product manufacturers or vendors. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under "Your Choices."
- We may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information we collect on the Service to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate Service usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
- We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
When we disclose information. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as in a product review, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with Third Party Service Providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, collect, or process your information as they provide those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, or Third Party Service Providers may otherwise collect and use such information, for various purposes, including without limitation (a) compliance with various reporting obligations; (b) for business or marketing purposes; (c) to assist those parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service; (d) for statistical and other analytical uses; (e) for product and service research, development, provisioning, maintenance, and improvement; or (f) for online advertising.
- We may make information, including personal information, available to third parties for third partiesâ€™ direct marketing purposes. Please see the section titled "Your California Privacy Rights" for more information.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that our disclosure is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (a) take precautions against liability, (b) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (e) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We also may disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this Policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
We may make information, including personal information, available to third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes. You may instruct us not to share personal information with third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you instruct us not to share personal information with third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes, please be aware that this does not prohibit disclosures of personal information for non-direct marketing purposes.
The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of those services and is subject to those operators' policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child's personally identifiable information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that this information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within North America. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations under this Policy, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after those material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
Track Your Order